Travellers who are missing the skies and want to experience the culinary delights of first class dining can do so from their home thanks to a new partnership between British Airways, Feast Box and DO & CO. The airline has teamed up with its premium catering partner DO & CO, and Feast Box, a provider of internationally inspired recipe boxes, to create a limited-edition cook-at-home meal kit that mirrors British Airways’ First cabin dining experience.
Each meal kit includes a four-course menu inspired by the luxurious food served in British Airways’ First cabin. Customers can choose vegetarian, fish and meat dishes in their kit. They will receive the full ingredients – as used in the First cabin – to cook the meal at home, along with a recipe sheet and an information card in the form of a passport.
A sample menu would include
- Loch Fyne smoked salmon timbale with honey mustard dressing
- Slow cooked British beef cheeks with Jalapeno potato gratin, tenderstem broccoli and chimichurri
- Cheese selection of Caws Golden cenarth, Snowdonia Black Bomber Cheddar, Harrogate blue and Kidderton ash goats cheese with chutney
- Dark chocolate & orange liqueur bread & butter pudding with vanilla sauce
- Both the outer and interior packaging of the meal kits consists of recyclable, compostable or biodegradable materials. The food is sourced, where seasonality allows, from the UK and Ireland including smoked salmon from Loch Fyne in Scotland and beef cheeks from heritage UK breeds
The meal kit costs £80 for two people and can be ordered via the Feastbox website.
Discover the best luxury hotels, resorts, spas & restaurants by following our Instagram profile.